Sunday, October 10, 2010

Middle-Aged Outfit

I like to explore new looks and will try unfamiliar things. This jacket, for example, is not something I normally wear but it has tiny speckles of bright color that call to me. Plus, wearing it helps me to understand the joys and difficulties of dressing for middle-age.

I like the cropped length, single button and general design of the jacket. On the other hand, this outfit almost makes me look like Debbie, the 38-year old real estate broker who helped your parents sell their home when they moved to a smaller condo. Debbie's dress is too short for her age but she's trying so darn hard to be liked!

I'm presenting the jacket two ways, first with pretty pink pants and second with the too-short dress. Which do you prefer?



































7 comments:

  1. That's a great jacket.
    I like the pant version better.... even though I have to admit that in the pants you don't get to show your great legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lorena. Compliments like that never get old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress. I'm not digging those pants. The dress isn't too short with legs like yours though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback and compliment, ToadMama. Very sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the little jacket with the black dress! The look lends itself to CHANEL, in my opinion. Classy but sexy. I adore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORE the outfit with the dress, and what FAVVULOUS LEGS!! Like it with the pants as well, though--the pants are more afternoon luncheon, and the dress says "woman about town."
    Rickey <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Rickey. I value your feedback.

    ReplyDelete