Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blogger Meetup

I've been following Lorena's blog for a long time but, because she lives in another country, I never expected to meet her in person.  When she called me Sunday to say she's passing through NYC for a visit with her relatives, I literally jumped at the chance to see her. 

And, boy, I'm glad I did.  We have a wonderful time meeting and learned oodles of stuff about each other that you just can't get online.  Lorena is beautiful, sweet and charming.  Her personality bubbles with enthusiasm and she's sharp as a tack.  She perceives everything.

Often, when we blog, we don't know if anyone is reading our words.  I was startled when Lorena mentioned personal facts about me in our conversation that she read on my blog.  She knew, for example, about members of my family who've died and she expressed approval of my decision to donate my prom dresses to charity.  Not all readers pay close attention to what we write but some, like lovely Lorena, do.  I really appreciate her interest in me and felt, for the first time, that maybe this blog actually touches real people.

We talked effortlessly about everything, including our mutual admiration of Sheila whose blog is the gold standard for fashion blogging.  When it came time to take a picture, Lorena wrote Sheila's name on a napkin and we held it up so Sheila will know we were thinking of her.  Here it is!



Do you have any blogger meetups planned?

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you guys are so sweet! I do feel like I was there! Lorena and Ally, you are two of my absolute favourite fashion bloggers and you are amazing people. Thank you so much for the shout-out and for thinking of me. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That was so sweet of you guys. Sheila is the best. ♥ Sounds like you guys had a great time, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- what a great picture! Love it. Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to meet online friends. I've had some really wonderful experiences (some strange ones too) but mostly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ally, it's so great to meet up with other bloggers, I have yet to do so! In reading your past few posts, hope your dear friend is feeling better.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great meet-up. I so wish I could meet other bloggers but haven't yet.
    If I traveled to one of those cities where there are some bloggers I totally plan to communicate and arrange.
    So happy you hit it off in person.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are becoming quite the blogger meet up guy!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Brett. It's merely a sign of the importance I place on blogging and other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its always an interesting experience to meet fellow bloggers.....for me its always been a nice experience...have met up with quite a few bloggers through the years....and always been an enriching experience!!!


    in fatc i wrote a post on my blogger meet ups...you can read it here - http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.com/2011/02/meeting-beyond-blogs.html


    so nice that you had a nice time at the get together!!.....yes its always nice when readers read and remeber our posts in detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have a blogger meet-up sometime!!! It is one of my top things to do. I think it would be so cool to meet someone that I have talked to online.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  10. i still havent met a blog friend in real life but one day soon i hope! congrats on 100 google followers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ralph! <3 I am so glad that you are getting to meet some bloggers, you mentioned a few times that you wanted to go to a meet-up and look how happy you are :)

    And congrats on 100 followers!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love blogger meet ups! The next blogger meet up on my agenda is the IFB blogger conference. I am so looking forward in meeting a bunch of my all time favorite bloggers, including Anika who is flying in from Norway! Weeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot say but THANK YOU ! for the nice post ( i am almost believing it :0) ) and most important for showing up.
    I had that in my mind and forgot to tell you... what if you didn't show up!?
    Big hug :)

    ReplyDelete