Wednesday, November 30, 2016

"Being Canadian" (2015)


I love Canada. I've been to Vancouver, I've been to Toronto. I rode my motorcycle around Nova Scotia on the Cabot Trail. Every experience I've had up North has been a delight. Plus, I have several close friends who live in igloos there.

I was excited to see a new documentary about the country. The film is hilarious. A comedy-writer born in Canada explores important questions about being Canadian by travelling from the east coast to the west coast of the country, interviewing a dozen Canadians along the way. You'll recognize all of them. Seth Rogen, Mike Myers, Dan Ackroyd, William Shatner, Michael J. Fox, Eugene Levy, Jason Priestley, Conan O'Brien, Alanis Morissette, Howie Mandel and Alex Trebek. Your first reaction is, "I didn't know [he/she] was Canadian."

The movie is amusing and educational, focusing on questions like why are Canadians so nice, how do they manage the cold, and why does the rest of the world know nothing about Canada. I laughed and learned throughout the movie. So will you.

10 comments:

  1. Hey, we traded in our igloo last year, eh! ;-P

    I have not seen this movie, but I'm always amused at how the rest of the world sees us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the subjects the film addresses!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like and educational comedy ... will look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait...what is the name of the documentary? I must see this!

    Hang on...gotta go feed the sled dogs now or I won't be able to go and get some whale blubber for supper.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see this movie! I hadn't heard of it until now lol. You always share the most interesting movies with us.

    Hope you're doing well, friend <3

    xo Azu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great documentary! I would love to travel more in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this recommendation. I did not know they were all canadian either. I have great respect for this neighboring country, and look forward to seeing this, sounds like great fun!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen this one! I've also never been to Canada - would love to go one day, though. I didn't know all those actors were Canadian, to be honest! Haha. Will have to add this to my movie list! :)

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    ~Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg thank you so much for the recommendation! I love all of these people and Canadians in general (ps--you have friends in igloos, what?!)

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete