Thursday, December 15, 2016

Best Trips Of The Year

After travelling too little most of my life, I plunged into travel this year like a woman on fire. I couldn't get enough. I rode my motorcycle all over the country -- and even outside it (Canada). I visited friends in faraway places, saw beautiful and interesting sights, and ate good food.

As the year winds down, I'm reflecting on those adventures. These trips truly were adventures. Wisdom teaches you to cherish experiences, not material possessions. I added dozens of wonderful memories to the Happy Vault in my head.

What was my favorite trip? It's so hard to choose, so I'll pick two.

The first was my visit to Niagra Falls (the Canadian side). Seeing the power and majesty of nature up close is astounding. The intensity of the water-flow, posed against the backdrop of massive rock, amazes you. Here are some pics which don't really do the place justice...



















The second trip which will reside forever in my memory was a motorcycle ride I took to Detroit. I met my best friend Sara there and she showed me cool places like a famous outdoor art exhibition. The journey was long one (700 miles each way) but worth every ounce of effort. I'm definitely going back!
















What trips or adventures did you do this year?


13 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to visit Niagara falls, either side will do for me !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to the Canadian. Much prettier and more to do.

      Delete
  2. Ah, road trip! I didn't have much of an opportunity to ride this year, however I managed to fulfil my childhood dream, and visited Iceland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Experiences and travel enrich our lives.

    I'm so happy you made the trip up to visit me and feel very lucky to have you as a friend.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. My trip of the year was to New Zealand. Planning to go back for Christmas 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a year filled with trips for me. Iceland would have to be the most memorable one. Niagara falls is so majestic! :)

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful year of memories it's been for you! And those pictures of Niagara Falls (and Detroit!) are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh mY! That boat on the niagra! Quite terrifying but I imagine wonderful!!! So glad you made those trips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both trips look like they were a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos Ally, you've had a great year trip wise. I've not been anywhere special myself this year but did manage to get out and do a few walks in the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shybiker for a reason 700 miles, wow farther than the song, 500 miles, 500 miles away from home, haha.
    xx Bing.

    ReplyDelete